Monday, November 19, 2007

A new definition of telecommuting

So... Apparently there is a chance of coordinating from bed. In fact, it's what I'm doing right now. I have two phones laying beside me, and the laptop, as its name befits, on my lap.
It seems this kind of work is the only choice left, when:
a) the Internet is STILL not working at my workplace, and hasn't been since Thursday
b) the festival started today
c) A few minutes after the first workshop started, I came closest in my life to fainting.
Since then I have been unceremoniously packed away to my apartment by my co-workers and two of my bosses ("She's green! What on earth is she still doing here? Send her home!"). If the flu wasn't enough, other more disabling health problems chose the perfect moment to kick in.
So here I am, typing away and trying to remember where I saved which file and put each document, as one of the two phones is constantly ringing.
Keep your fingers crossed, and pray for me, because this day hasn't been fun at all.

No comments: